Monday, March 26, 2012

Weekend Roundup...

Quite a busy weekend for Kelly and I this week. The weather couldn't make up it's mind on if it wanted to rain or not and if it wanted to be cold or not. So that was a little bit of a bummer.

Saturday we headed to the Northstar Cafe to try their breakfast. Kelly got the sweet potato turkey hash which she really enjoyed and I went boring and got bacon and eggs. We both really enjoyed our meals and while it was a little chilly, we did eat outside in front of a fire which was really nice. I'm really looking forward to getting a second shot at their breakfast menu, I think I enjoyed it more than the dinner menu.

We drove up to Alum Creek afterwards but it was a little too cold to do anything. But the journey was nice and we had an enjoyable morning.

Sunday we went and say the Hungry Games at the Movie Tavern. If you haven't been to the movie tavern, it's a restaurant/movie theater. You go in, watch the movie, sit at tables and you can order food. It's kind of neat and it made going to the movies feel like an experience again. It kind of felt like being a kid again when my parents taking me to the movies was a special event.

The movie itself was okay. I've read the book which made the movie understandable. The movie leaves out a lot so if you're considering seeing this, I would recommend the book first. I feel like I would've been lost on several fronts if I didn't have the book to fill in the blanks. Kelly, who also read the book, even asked me at a few points about details of the book because I had read it much more recently than her.

We also got out and exercised in the evening a bit. Kelly rode her bike around the neighborhood a couple of times and I did my usual 1.5 mile walk. I'm thinking about upgrading to a 2 mile walk soon.

Kelly also bought a Kindle this weekend. We were at Barnes and Noble Friday night and she got really disgusted with the price of hard cover books. There were 3 she really wanted to read and realized it would cost her over $60 to just buy those books. We talked about it a bit and while at Wal-Mart on Sunday she bit the bullet and bought one. She got those same 3 books for about $25 total on her Kindle. She seems really happy with her purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment