Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dungeon Village hits my Droid

I'm a sucker for the Kairosoft style games. The first of these to come out was Game Dev Story. In this game you took a newly opened video game company and managed them to the top. I had patiently waited for the game to get ported to the Droid platform and eagerly threw down my $4.99 for the game. That night, as my wife lay snoring next to me, I stayed up till about 1 am just making new games. I had been playing for well over three hours at that point. Needless to say, I was hooked on that style of game and Kairosoft was kind enough to indulge me with a new game about every other month. Grand Prix Story and Epic Astro Story are two of my other favorites in the series.

Dungeon Village showed up in the market place about a month ago, the Japanese version at least. I was excited, I had heard this game was out there and it was the one I wanted the most. I checked the Market almost daily to see if they had released an English version of the game. Yesterday, was the big score... Dungeon Village could be mine for a mere $4.99.

The idea behind Dungeon Village is you run a town. You build shops and houses and it attracts adventurers to your town. These adventurers then go out and kill monsters, explore and do hero type stuff. As your reward, you earn a little money and they bring you back new items to sell in your stores. Sounds pretty simple doesn't it?

I got about an hour of playing in this morning and like it's brethren it's a tough game to put down. You want to send your heroes on just one more quest so you can get a little more money or a new item. I don't know where to rate this vs. other games in the series because it always takes 3 or 4 hours of playing to really get a feel for the quirks of that particular game. But so far I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Here's a Youtube video of the game:

No comments:

Post a Comment