Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sunday Night Adventures...

I had the urge for getting out and about a bit tonight and my wife decided to humor me. We headed to McDonalds, it's our mutual food vice among others, and got some dinner. I really didn't know what I wanted to do so we ended up at Giant Eagle.

We needed a few odds and ins and we somehow ended up in the health drink section. We found Vita Coco which is a flavored coconut water. Coconut water according to fitness blogs is supposed to be the greatest thing ever. So I bought Tropical Fruit and the wife decided on Pineapple.


The wife took about one sip of her's and was done with it. I tried the Tropical Fruit, it was pretty gross. I tried the Pineapple and it was okay. Definitely going to take a little getting used to but it didn't make me hate my life like Tropical Fruit did. It's kind of a weird texture though. Kind of like a watery milk feel to it. It also needs to be cold, really cold. I drank mine as soon as I got home and it was chilled but it could've used some fridge time. I'm wondering if I should just try the regular coconut flavor.

I have a lot of problems with leg cramps and such so I think the potassium content will be good for that.

We also wandered over to the nearby K-Mart on a whim. This particular store is closing down and things are 10-50% off depending. I was surprised to see so much stuff left, they've been advertising the closing for like a month. It's your usual store closing. Some good buys, some things marked up 50% so they can mark it down 30%. You really had to know what you were looking at though.

My wife was thrilled because there was some gear for her bike cheap. Her niece's birthday is coming up and they had a new copy of Pokemon White for 40% off so I might get her that.

No comments:

Post a Comment