Monday, September 16, 2013

Monday TTM: Football Season!

It's that time of year again, that's right football is upon us yet again. An interesting aspect of doing the whole TTM autograph thing is trying to get active players via their teams. I'm currently in the process of hitting NHL teams as they enter training camp. The NFL is a little harder to deal with as far as TTM goes. I have several ones still outstanding but I think most of the ones that I sent out will return eventually. Here's some of the ones that have made their way back to me so far this season.


We'll get the big one out of the way right away. That's right, Peyton Manning signed one of my cards. This is actually a pretty rare success. Looking over the list people either send to the Broncos or his Foundation that's still in Indianapolis. A lot of people send to his Foundation and that seems to land them a preprint from Manning. I sent this to the Broncos and to my pleasant surprise he signed it! This was a long shot in my opinion and it paid off really well for me. A future Hall of Famer and one of the top 3 QBs of the modern era. He probably shoots right to the top of my list of quality gets. I sent this out on September 3rd and got it back September 14th for a total of 11 days.


Rookie quarterback of the Bills, EJ Manuel. He seems to be a mostly solid signer TTM. The verdict of course is still out on him but this could be a solid get years down the road. Speaking of this rookie card, that's part of the trick of doing TTM with active players. Get the guys while they're young and don't have a huge fanbase, they'll be more likely to respond. I sent this June 17th and got it back on September 14th for a total of 89 days.


Geno Atkins is a monster on the line for the Bengals. He surprisingly doesn't have a lot of people writing to him on the site I use. He signed two for me so I'm going to be mailing the extra copy to my friend Jonathan. I sent this out June 20th and got it back August 1st for a total of 42 days.


I live in the heart of Buckeye country so this one gets the biggest reaction from people around me. Mike Nugent is a beloved Ohio State alumni. That feels weird to say about a kicker but it's true. People absolutely loved Nugent when he played. He was a big part of the team that won the National Championship during the 2002 season. I sent this out June 20th and got it back July 29th for a total of 39 days.


Antonio Brown isn't what I would call a well known player. He's well known to Steeler fans and Fantasy Football nerds like me but I don't think many fans know him well. He certainly has very few TTM requests on the site I use. This one was an interesting story. I sent him a 2013 Score card and he signed and sent back a 2012 Score card. So he might have mixed up two cards or he might have wanted the card I sent for his own collection and sent this back. It's all good either way. I sent this out June 24th and got it back September 5th for a total of 73 days.

That's all for this week, join me next week as I open up the vaults of my autograph collection again for another edition of Monday TTM.

1 comment: