Thursday, August 15, 2013

Fast Food Power Rankings I

This is an extremely complex equation of price/enjoyment/quality. I have cut offs to what I consider to be Fast Food. 5 Guys Burgers and Fries and Big Boy will be notable because I consider them to be a step above Fast Food. I may also legit forget a place in here.

1. McDonalds

This one is a surprise for me. McDonalds has always been on my radar and a place I frequent but I would never call it my favorite place to eat. They've kind of fallen into the top spot here due to a combination of keeping fast food prices, tolerable service and not jacking up the menu. My preferred meal here is the McNugget combo.

2. White Castle

Another surprise for me here. The discovery and addition of chicken rings earned White Castle a fringe spot in the rotation when I met my wife. The addition of an excellent breakfast menu has really kicked the White Castle love into high gear. They have a legit good fast food breakfast. They also have sane prices and don't jack with their menu too much from what I've seen. Service can be pretty bad at times though.

3. Burger King

BK steals their way into the #3 spot with the best fries in Fast Food. You can never get a damned Icee at this place and the absolute dregs of society work there but the fries make it worth it. The burgers are worthwhile as well. I think the food is generally good from BK but a little overpriced. The service is also terrible at most of the locations I have around me. The food usually turns out okay but I question why I deal with them.

4. Sonic

There's nothing quite like a Sonic trip in the heat of the summer. I really enjoy the food here but they lose massive amounts of points for how bad the service at our main location is. They have a truly unique menu with tons of options. They run a lot of specials and the price is usually really good. They get a huge knock for bad service as previously mentioned.

5. Wendy's

Huge fall from grace for Wendy's here. Until a few years ago, Wendy's was my unquestioned king of the Fast Food industry. Things started to fall apart for Wendy's with the addition of applewood bacon. This one event kicked off a series of missteps from the company where they stupidly started trying to compete with restaurants that were above Fast Food. Their prices went up accordingly. Now, Wendy's is a pale imitation of what they used to be and 2 combos from Wendy's is going to run you as much as a low end sit down place. I always seem to talk myself out of them due to the price.

6. Subway

Not my favorite sub place but the price is usually right for what they provide. I go there more than some of the places higher on the list but they lose points because the service is usually awful. There's many a time you flee a Subway feeling you've just survived a zombie apocalypse.

Well, that's the list for now. I didn't feel that I could get to a top 10 due to my disinterest in Fast Food currently.

2 comments:

  1. Why is McDonald's being at the top a surprise for you? It's your list, you make it how you want.

    1. KFC
    2. Arby's
    3. Wendy's
    4. McDonalds
    5. Subway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mostly just because I've never considered it my favorite. I was always a Wendy's guy until they recent string of changes and price increases.

    ReplyDelete