Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The middle of the week...

Wednesdays have been a bit of a challenge for me the last 4 months or so. I've been training for a new job at work on Wednesdays. This has entailed going to a different office at working with a different group for a few hours and then returning to my regular job. This has been a challenge in a number of ways. The chief one is staying engaged with my regular job. The job I'm training for suits me really well. It's a lot of research, it's always different and there's a lot of entry to be done. It stimulates me brain a lot.

I first interviewed for this job last fall. The managers really liked me but circumstances prevented them from hiring me then. The job came up again this spring and the circumstances hadn't really changed. So they offered me a road into the job. Train with them for several months and I can replace a person that will be leaving the group this fall. So that's what I've been doing. I really enjoy the work for the reasons stated earlier and I've been looking forward to the move. It's starting to get close too. I'm not sure when I'll move but I think it will be sooner rather than later at this point.

That's what my work situation looks like. A good dose of limbo as I'm waiting for some gears to finally start grinding.

1 comment: