Wednesday, February 5, 2014

What I'm Playing: February 5th

I finished off Ducktales Remastered Saturday morning. The only part I really hated in this game was the last bit of platforming after you find the No. 1 Dime. It just needed super precise platforming done in a very quick manner. The game never really properly prepares you for that kind of leveling and the imperfections in the game cause a lot of frustration. I needed one more jump and got caught under the platform and died at one point. I wasn't under the platform, just a bit of the characters graphic was under it and that was enough to kill me. Other than that, I really enjoyed the game. It's a really decisive game because of the changes but I have to say that it's a good game. There's a lot of talking but they got the entire voice cast from the show back. How can you not love watching those guys do their thing? If you loved the NES game, I think this is a no brainer.

I'm still pushing my way through Steam World Dig. I believe I'm in the last area of the game. This game is best played in 15-20 minute chunks I think. I love this game. You never know what you're going to come across while digging in the caves. Finding a doorway is always cool and finding an upgrade is always exciting. My only complaint with this is still the combat. It just doesn't work very well in this game.

I also started Project X Zone on my 3DS. This is a turn based strategy game that features characters from Capcom, Sega and Namco Bandai. It's kind of a crazy game. You lead these parties of video game characters around and battle villains from various video games. Once in battle you do button combos to do certain attacks. I'm guessing this is going to be a fairly long game but I'm interested in it. The battles are just the right length so far. 20-40 minutes makes it a good game to pick up right before bed or to hit up a battle if you have nothing better to do.

I still have Pokemon X lurking on my 3DS as well. It's a really good game and I do have the itch to play it. I've been avoiding it for some reason or another. I will probably dig into that more once I'm a little further into X Zone.

2 comments:

  1. My brother has a game boy advance with him up at his college and when he gets here for his next break early March, I'm going to play through some Donkey Kong Land and maybe purchase a wario game or two. I've read good things about all of them. When I was digging through the basement to find some scissors I found DKL. I was like, hey maybe I'll give this old thing a go. It is one of those yellow cartridge games. Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just beat FF Legend 2. Apollo wasn't too tough but that security system Arsenal thing sure was. It took a few tries to get the strategy right. Had to have two healers and two attackers once Arsenal started to use Smasher. I didn't beat it the first time and so I missed the Indiana Jones ending. Let me know if you play it through. Oh and I just bought Legend 1 and 3 to play later. Next up....Link's Awakening.

    ReplyDelete