Friday, March 9, 2012

20 Life Defining Moments

1. Getting married

2. Buying my first house.

3. Working at Camp Otterbein in the summer of 2001.

4. Eating a giant turkey leg at the Renaissance Festival in 2010.

5. Listening to Howard Stern for the first time in 1997 and then later finding Opie and Anthony in 2000.

6. My first Presidential Election in 2000. Hey, not many people get to vote for the first time in such memorable fashion.

7. Working at Wal-Mart and meeting Alex and Mike. This led to meeting J and Ben and a whole group of friends.

8. Getting a reply to a personals ad from a cute little lady named Kelly. Gee... I wonder how that one turned out. ;)

9. Sitting in the emergency room with my wife last year and worrying that she might be dying of a heart attack.

10. Meeting my best friend Jonathan in 2002.

11. Moving out of my parents house in 2001 and moving to southern Ohio for about 2 years.

12. My best friend Adam moving away my freshman year of high school.

13. Finally saving up enough money and bringing home my NES at some point in the 80s.

14. Playing the original Legend of Zelda game. It blew my mind at the time.

15. Playing Final Fantasy at Dan's house in junior high for the first time. That changed my entire video game playing lifestlye as RPGs suddenly became the staple of my game playing instead of platformers and shooters.

16. 9/11, it's stuck with me since it happened and has effected my worldview greatly.

17. Getting the internet for the first time in 1996.

18. The Columbus Blue Jackets coming to town in 2000 and the heartbreak they've continued to cause through constant suckage.

19. WCW closing it's doors for good in 2001.

20. Discovering the comic strip of Calvin and Hobbes when I was around 10 or 11 years old.

2 comments:

  1. In case you missed it, I'm currently writing a book based on Final Fantasy 1. So far I have the Prologue and three chapters done. Cool to see Otterbein made the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you played the Playstation remake of Final Fantasy? I quite enjoyed it. The Gameboy Advance version was really dumbed down though. I beat that one in like 8 hours.

    ReplyDelete