Sunday, March 11, 2012

Family Adventures

Kelly's niece turned 10 last week and her party was this week. It was a fun time though she wanted chocolate cake with chocolate icing. Blech... not a chocolate cake person at all. Kelly isn't either. Cake really isn't my thing in general honestly.

We went to a park of sorts nearby that's really cool. It has big gardens, a duck pond and peacocks that roam the grounds. It's always a good time. Her niece fed the birds and we walked around a bit. It was a really nice day out and I was glad that we could get out and about and enjoy the sunshine.

The evening ended at Golden Corral. Not a fan either. Actually, felt kind of ill afterwards. Earlier this year I was suffering from an ulcer and food was a really tricky thing. I would feel ill if I got into certain food. I've been better since mid January but food has still been a touchy subject to me. Fried foods especially are something I tend to avoid now. I think Golden Corral is just giving me bad flashbacks to those days.

Kelly and I aren't buffet people. We tend to go a lot because her family is a buffet family so we end up at them quite a bit. A typical buffet trip for us involves one plate and then maybe dessert and that's that. After that, we sit and think about how we probably didn't get our $10 out of our meal. Buffets are even less desirable to us now that we're trying to lose weight. My biggest issue with buffets is I just don't like people pawing at my food. A really busy buffet and all I can think is "wow, there are a lot of people digging through that chicken I want".

Weighed in this morning and I'm now down 14 lbs. overall this year. Feeling good. Kelly's down 14 as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment