Friday, March 16, 2012

Day Off Parade!

As I've gotten older daylight savings time has really started to screw me up for weeks at a time. This time was particularly bad and I ended up being so sleep deprived from Saturday to Wednesday that I just decided to take Friday off. I slept in till 9 today and it was amazing. I really don't get to sleep in that late anymore because of the dog and because Kelly and I usually have a lot to accomplish on the weekends.

I took the dog for a walk today and logged in another mile which brings the weekly total to 4. I also hit 15 lbs. lost mid-week. I'm starting to see a different person in the mirror looking back at me. My hips have narrowed in a lot and my stomach has receded quite a bit. I have a long way to go still but I'm really happy with where I'm at currently. Of course, no one but my wife has noticed.

Kelly and I wandered the local Giant Eagle last night. You never realize how much junk food there is at the store until you're actually trying to watch what you eat. Same thing happened when Kelly and I got rid of cable in favor of Netflix and Hulu last year. You never realize how much people just talk about tv until you aren't watching what they're watching.

Think I'll spend the rest of the day catching up on some comic books and maybe take a nap on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment