Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A lazy Sunday afternoon

My wife was a little under the weather this Sunday so we stayed in mostly. I watched two movies with her during the course of the day. One good and one that was kind of mediocre.

The mediocre one was Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters. It's a pretty generic action flick. It seemed little effort was put into the movie as the actors didn't even try to pretend like they were in the time period this was supposed to have taken place. I lost interest in it pretty quickly. I felt there wasn't any real hook to it as a movie. It felt like it was going through the motions entirely.

Now, the other one was the 25th Anniversary stage production of Phantom of the Opera. Generally, I'm not one for musicals with a few rare favorites that I've developed. But WOW did this rule. I'm dying to go see this live after seeing this on tv. It was just awesome and not what I expected from a stage production. My wife kept telling me that I didn't have to sit there and watch it but I was just glued to the tv. Here's a small bit of the performance...



So this will probably be something we go see when it comes to town next spring. Needless to say I'm excited for this one.

1 comment:

  1. Years and years ago my cousin and aunt went to see Phantom in New York. I don't know when the original Phantom and Christine left, but I think they were still there back then. That would have been cool.

    ReplyDelete