Thursday, September 26, 2013

Middle Manager of Justice Review



I came across this game while we were sitting in a restaurant last Saturday. It looked interesting but I decided that it would probably play better on my tablet. I really have a love/hate relationship with mobile platform video games. I try to convince myself that I'm really enjoying the game but then I turn on my 3DS and realize that 90% of mobile games are just garbage in comparison. There are always exceptions to those rules and MMoJ is one of those rare games.

You're a middle manager that's in charge of a group of superheroes. You hire them with special packs and then send them on missions, train them and level them up. The heroes are interesting and varied. They all have unique personalities that come out during their promotion ceremonies and during the missions. The little world that the game built is intriguing and grabs you.

Most games of this nature fall apart due to the free to play aspect. You eventually hit some invisible wall where you either have to spend money or you aren't getting any further or getting the cool stuff. The Simpsons Tapped Out game is one of the worst culprits of this. You could dump $10 into the game's currency and literally get one thing for your efforts. I've put 5 or 6 hours into this game and haven't felt the need to do it. I did drop $1 so I could get a beefed up superhero for my squad. But it was hardly necessary. As long as you keep doing missions and pushing forward, you can get all the upgrades and nicer heroes. You just have to be a little more patient with it.

The game really keeps you moving forward. The missions are basic but strategic. The way you train your heroes up is also vital. You can completely hamstring your heroes if you don't train them properly. When you aren't on missions or training your heroes, you're busy managing their moral and upgrading your base. Unlike most time sink games, you never really feel like you're waiting around.

If you have an Android or iOS device, you owe it to yourself to try this game out.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a kooky version of Final Fantasy Tactics or an Ogre Battle game. I have neither an Android nor an ios device, but am happy you found a game that doesn't swallow your money. I've heard that candy crush does that. That would tick me off to no end.

    ReplyDelete