Sunday, June 3, 2012

My Weekend

It was a little up and down for me over the weekend. The steroids ended up really hitting side effect wise on Saturday. I would get hungry really suddenly and get very angry on top of it. Today has been better but I can still get hungry at the drop of a hat and everything is downhill from there. I honestly don't see how guys can be on steroids on a constant basis. I was pretty up and down the rest of the day. Today was a lot better but I'm dreading tomorrow. I'm just going to need to have snacks at the ready and survive. Hopefully, I'll be feeling normal soon.

I thought about ordering the Chikara iPPV last night but my wife and I got busy. They were busy over night because this afternoon, the DVD came out already. So I ordered it and another Chikara show that I had been wanting. Hopefully those will show up during the week.

If you haven't seen Chikara, you're missing out. It's a more comedy based promotion that has a lucha libre style. The characters are colorful, there's lots of masks and the shows will have you laughing out loud. It really is a joy to follow them from show to show. I can't afford to buy every show or even half of the shows but I am always happy to support them with my hard earned money.

Today my wife and I went to the Columbus Arts Festival. It was nice to be on the river and out in the nice air. The festival itself seemed to be lacking this year. For starters, it felt like half of the event was food and outside interests and then it felt like half of the art stalls were peddling purses and jewelry. Last year we stopped and looked at several stalls, this year we kind of just gave everything a once over, enjoyed the scenery of the day and got lemon shakeups before leaving. It was worthwhile even if the festival itself was lacking.

I also have the den mostly up and running. The tv is working and I can watch DVDs on it. I also bought a DVD set at Wal-Mart that has 100 old B horror movies. I'm eagerly awaiting to dive into that. Tons of old movies that showed up on MST3K and many that unfortunately did not.

2 comments:

  1. One Word when it comes to B Horror Movies.....Bloodlust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one and Skydivers are two of the only ones that haven't shown up on Netflix yet. I've watch most of the rest of their MST3K Instant offerings over the last year.

    ReplyDelete