Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Being sick

2012 hasn't been the greatest of years for me healthwise. I started off the year with a good old fashioned ulcer. Then a couple of weeks ago a spider bit me and gave me cellulitis. I was also randomly losing hair on my body and head during this time so I got that checked out. Turns out I have borderline low iron and low thyroid hormone production... yippee!

The main lesson I've learned from the various tests performed on me is that...

NURSES SUCK WITH NEEDLES!!!

I had to have blood taken today and she left an ugly bruise on my arm. And this is after a nurse left a hand sized bruise on my arm after a failed IV attempt earlier this year. Seriously, I've learned to really appreciate the nurses that get in there, do a minimal amount of damage and send you on your merry way.

So if you're a nurse and reading this. Either you suck and I hate you or you're awesome, please come and do my IV because you won't maim me in the process.

Rant over for today. Tune in later for your regularly scheduled program.

1 comment:

  1. Sucks about you being sick. I remember reading about you getting bit by the spider. Just to let you know, I may be going on friendslock on my Xanga page. I seem to have picked up a stalker and she is really annoying. I have no way to block them except to lock my page to everyone who is not on my Xanga friends list. So what this means is that you'd have to sing up for a Xanga page(free) and then let me know who you are and I'll friend request you. Then to see my page just log in to your Xanga account and you should see it just fine.

    Annoying I know but I'm tired of this crap. I just came back from vacation today and she visited my page every day I was gone. :-(

    ReplyDelete