Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Geocaching II

I've continued to adventure and look for more caches in the general area of my house. Kelly even joined me tonight as we headed off to a local park and bike trail. I'm sitting at a total of 8 official finds with a 9th one that I have to answer some questions for.

Sunday Night:

Find #3: Sunday night I realized there was another cache in the park where I made my first find earlier that day. So I rushed back and quickly found it in the roots of a tree. There were no goodies in this one as it was quite small. Signed my name and was happy with to notch another one in my belt.

Find #4: This was one that I had tried earlier in the day but needed pants and shoes to go for. I returned and found this one in a matter of seconds. The cache was awesome as it was carved into an actual log and left there. Signed and fled this park as quickly as possible. Supposedly the back of this park is a hook up for local perverts and I wanted out of there as quickly as possible.

Monday Night:

Find #5: This one was hidden in a tree on a soccer field. I had tried this one Sunday but there were police hanging around the area and I didn't want to appear suspicious so I moved on. Came back and grabbed it on Monday. This one was quick and easy. Honestly, prying the paper out of the tube was harder than finding the thing.

Unofficial Find: This is an Earth one. You go to the spot and answer various questions. This one is going to require some creek stomping to get an answer so I just need to get motivated.

Monday was a little tough as I missed 3 others after this. One I just looked in the wrong spot and two others had people buzzing about so I gave a fairly shallow search.

Tonight:

Kelly wanted to see one of the nature trails and there were nearby caches so I had a partner in crime for this adventure.

Find #6: This one was a short way off of a bike trail. Kelly spotted the hollowed out tree trunk. This one was a huge jar with all sorts of goodies inside. Kelly's favorite was a little eraser animal.

Find #7: This is one that I had missed the previous night. It was in a hollowed out tree. I looked and looked and couldn't find it. I suddenly looked up and there it was. I felt kind of silly for having missed it the previous day.

Find #8: This was on a different part of the trail and Kelly and I decided to make the trek as this one would be fairly easy to get. The terrain was a little rough to navigate once we got there but I spotted it in a tree. Grabbed it and signed and we headed home for the night.

Great night tonight. 3 for 3 which had me feeling better considering Monday wasn't as productive. The weather is unfortunately going to get much hotter so I will probably lay low until the weekend rolls around again. I may snipe one or two gimmes through the week but I probably won't attempt multiple finds for a few days.

The verdict so far on geocaching is that I'm loving every minute of it. I can't wait to get home and go out looking for a new cache. I've also gotten in a ton of exercise the last three days which is awesome. I would recommend this activity to anyone that's interested.

Get out there and find some buried treasure!

2 comments:

  1. Can you do some sites yourself? You know, leave some goodies for others to find?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't explored hiding caches a lot yet. But you would have to upload your coordinates to a site and follow the rules of the game. No trespassing on private property, etc. If you do hide, you can leave a riddle and things like that.

    ReplyDelete