Monday, June 18, 2012

Eating Healthy

Food. I would say food is probably my biggest vice in life. I love food that is bad for me. I love pizza, potatoes, hamburgers and various other things of badness.

Food is the real battle when it comes to weight loss for me. Exercise? That's easy. If I get in the habit of exercising, I do it no problem. Plus, I like exercise. I like going outside and walking or otherwise doing physical activities. I'm a better person when I'm exercising and being in shape makes even simple everyday things easier.

Food is tough though. I'm not a big vegetable guy. I don't like greens so salads are right out the window for me. I like fruits but I'm very picky. I'm picky with apples and bananas to the point that I just avoid them. There's nothing worse than going to the effort to pick out some fruits at the store only to get them home to realize they weren't that good.

It's really a battle for me to find healthy choices for food and to not want to murder myself after a few days. This time around I'm doing okayish on the food front. I'm eating these Emerald breakfast nut blends. Those usually run 180-190 calories and have a variety of nuts, dried fruits and yogurt covered raisins. I'm trying to do soups for lunch a and mixing in a sandwich here and there. On a good day, I get through my first two meals only using about 600 calories.

I could still do better. I still drink Coke Zero which is bad for me. I should drop it but I've made so many other food sacrifices this year and that turns into an excuse to not stop. I eat too much Fast Food. I make better decisions when I go for Fast Food but Wendys is my go to "I had a crappy day, I want to stuff my face" eatery. I eat too much red meat. I'm always going to eat too much red meat though, red meat is delicious.

Eating healthy for me is a daily fight. I have to get up when that alarm goes off in the morning and tell myself that I have to watch what I eat that day. Otherwise, I'll just do whatever I want.

I've really liked being 20+ lbs. lighter and the stress is on to keep it off now. It's a daily grind, a hard daily grind but for me, if I want to keep the weight off I have to do it. That's my life. I want something, I have to do the work for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment