Friday, June 8, 2012

Falling in love with my wife...

July 2nd marks our 4th dating anniversary, February 27th is our wedding anniversary. Naturally, this time of year is when I reflect back on our early days as friends, a couple and why I fell in love with and decided to marry Kelly. Where to start then... well I was 27 and Kelly was 26 when we met. She was settling into her career and I was a nobody working a warehouse job at the time. She replied to my ad on Craigslist, we met, hit it off pretty well and then some months later we decided to become a couple.

Our first date was at a Bob Evans. I remember she hugged me and her hair smelled really good. The waiter was being kind of a pest as she couldn't decide on what she wanted. At one point he was even standing about 10 feet behind her waiting for her to pick. She realized this and asked if he was hovering and I said yes. So we order and then we both started making fun of the waiter. I believe we ended up theorizing that he was a furry and was ultimately a pervert. That broke the ice really well and it allowed me to open up and be funny. I thought she was really cute so that helped too.

The thing you have to understand about me is that I have a really dark sense of humor. If you know me in real life, you most likely haven't seen this side of me come out often. I'm not ashamed of my sense of humor but I do try not to offend those around me and I could literally offend almost anyone out there. Kelly, loved my sense of humor and could hold her own. I didn't have to worry about offending her and it really made her an endearing personality to me.

There were a lot of other qualities that made her someone I wanted to spend my life with but I'm not going to get into those very much at this point. I just wanted to throw a little story about my life in there and why I love Kelly.

Honestly, we started dating on July 2nd and I think at the time I was adamant about taking it slow and not getting in too deep to the love pool. But looking back, I think I had fallen in love with her before then. I loved being with her and she had become my companion in a lot of ways already. Today, it's hard to remember my life without her.

1 comment:

  1. Aw man! This was a great post Brad! That is freakin hilarious about the waiter 'possibly' being a furry. haha.

    ReplyDelete