Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Opening Day Tomorrow!

Well, technically the season started last week as Oakland and Seattle played a 2 game series in Japan. Plus Miami and St. Louis square off tonight. I have the day off work tomorrow and I plan to gorge myself on baseball to kick the season off right. I invested in the MLB.tv package so I get all of the games on my PS3 in HD for the affordable price of $125.

I started my baseball season off last night by watching the first 5 innings of the first Seattle/Oakland game from Japan. Felix Hernandez started a little slow but the Oakland offense was too inept to really take advantage of it. What did I take away from the 5 innings of play? Seattle and Oakland have really bad offenses. Which kind of surprises me on the Seattle front. They've had offensive woes for years and years now. Really, I don't think their offense has ever really been the same since A-Rod left almost a decade ago. Seattle has kind of been the masters at throwing a ton of money at the wrong players. Oakland, who knows.

I plan to watch the second game of their Japan trip and Miami/St. Louis before the season kicks off tomorrow. I'm fairly excited for the Miami/St. Louis games because the teams have had a lot of turnover since last year.

Of course, the main event is the Cincinnati Reds tomorrow.

1 comment: