Sunday, April 22, 2012

Misc. Thoughts

Weight is still dropping. I only got to walk 5-6 miles last week much to my dismay. But the scale is still edging ever lower much to my joy. I still have a long way to go but I'm starting to look good in a mirror at least.

I listened to a couple of episodes of Fear the Boot this week and it's really been making that D&D itch start to tingle a bit. I've put some consideration into going to a local shop and trying out some ads for 3.5 groups but I haven't decided yet. I really don't want to go through the turmoil of a new group of people and deal with the possibility of personality clashes and such. Plus, nerds and geeks can tend to get on my nerves and I'm not sure about subjecting myself to that. I'll see how that itch feels in another couple of weeks and go from there though. I don't think a weekly game would fit my schedule well. Maybe a once or twice a month deal.

I finally finished my Futurama watch a couple of weeks ago. It took me about a year and a half of catching an episode here and there. And... I started over at episode 1 today. I love Futurama, it's easily a top 5 show for me. I've probably seen the original season episodes around 10 times a piece. But I love the characters so much that I can just continually watch the show. I should probably finish buying the DVD sets at some point since Netflix might now be around forever.

Life has been busy lately, hence my lack of updates recently. Kelly and I are literally struggling to cram everything into the days that we need to currently. The house is a total mess right now because we just don't have the time to clean. I'm hoping things even out a little as the spring progresses.

My new obsession on my phone is Foursquare. It's really a stupid little app that lets you get points for the places you visit but it hits the right spots with me.

Kelly and I went out with her friend Emily and finding food was a disaster. We went to Planks only to realize they don't open on Sundays. We then went to Hound Dogs only to sit there for 20 minutes waiting for the waitress to take our order. So we bailed from there and went to Graffiti Burger. It was a decent place. Very similar to 5 Guys in how it works. The burgers were good but not amazing. I'd say a solid B grade for the burgers. Fries were about a B- on the scale but I think the staff overcooked them. Overall, a worthwhile place if you live on campus to try but go to 5 Guys if given the choice.

2 comments:

  1. Foursquare sounds wierd. Do you get more points for a bookstore as opposed to, say, applebee's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every place starts at the same base point amount. But you get different points based on the situation. Say you check into work three days in a row, you might get bonus points for that. Or like this weekend, we got bonus points for going to an outdoor place on Earth day. It really just depends.

    ReplyDelete