Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The mystery of life...

Okay, not really. I just couldn't think of another title for this post.

Kelly discovered a bike trail near our house over the weekend and we decided to do a little exploring tonight. We walked 1.8 miles and crossed a bridge over a sizable creek and there was also a cemetery off the trail but we decided to not put in another mile worth of walking tonight. That puts me off to a good start this week as I've walked 4.5 miles thus far and it's only Tuesday.

My fitness level is up and I'm easily logging 2-3 miles of walking compared to what walking a mile was in January. My weight loss stalled because of a sickness followed by a death in the family but I'm still going strong. It's April, I'm in good shape and I'm ready to tackle even more weight loss in the coming months. I have a long way to go but I've got my body ready to do it.

As a follow up to my post yesterday, this is what my wife wrote on her Facebook fitness group page Virtual Workout Buddies:

My family suffered a tragedy this week. The lesson was clear. We don't have tomorrow, we have today. That's it. I want to be proud of all of my todays.The year is a quarter of the way over. What have you accomplished? What are your goals for the next three months? I am going to be getting my April goals ready this week, please share yours as well. We can do whatever we put our minds to, so it is time to get to it. At least for me.

As you can see, we've both kind of caught the carpe diem fever after last week. I half jokingly told my wife after our walk that it was hard to not turn this blog into a blog about seizing the day. So I might to a degree. It's kind of my new mission in life. Last week was like having my eyes opened for the first time to what I was doing wrong in life. You can hear those seize the day words a million times but it really takes something extra to bring those words home to roost. I received my message loud and clear.

Today I seized the day and went for an adventure with my wife. Now I plan to go outside and read and watch the rest of the As/Mariners game from Japan last week.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I didn't reply to you sooner, but right now I'm just not up for the whole pizza thing. BUT, when that time comes, I will want to meet Kelly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No rush or anything. Take your time.

    ReplyDelete