Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Advice...

Well, more a rant of sorts.

I've posted on a series of message boards and it's offshoots since roughly 2002. I've known a lot of these people, as far as their online persona, for a decade now. Anyways, one of the guys asked us for advice about a year ago. He realized he was doing nothing with his life and was living in his parents basement at 30 with no job. We tried to help him out and give some advice, he didn't listen.

He did what he thought was right and made his situation worse. Came back, asked for more advice and again didn't listen when we gave it.

Things like that piss me off greatly. I've come to learn that when someone asks for you advice; 9 times out of 10 they really aren't seeking your advice. When someone is coming to ask for advice they usually want you to validate their life decisions or the decision they want to make. People tend to react poorly when you tell them something they don't want to hear.

The next time someone asks me for advice I plan to run out of the room while screaming "I'M NOT LISTENING LALALALALALALA".

I'm not going to turn this into a giant essay or anything. I just wanted to vent a bit on the stupid things people do at times.

1 comment:

  1. Can I ask for your advice on how to recover from a playoff series loss? For me the Penguins. For you the Red Wings. Just Kidding. Rant On, Man.

    ReplyDelete