Friday, October 19, 2012

Geek NBA Preview Part 2: Central Division

Chicago Bulls:

The Bulls had an unfortunate end to their season in the playoffs as Rose went down with an injury. Rose suffered a pretty bad knee injury and his season is really in doubt here. It's not an easy injury for a basketball player to return from. Even if Rose is going to be on the court, it's not going to be a 100% Rose for a very long time. I would say the Bulls are going to have a decent regular season, probably win the Central but not get anywhere in the playoffs.

Cleveland Cavaliers:

Kyrie Irving was the real deal last year and secured the Rookie of the Year award. I think you'll see an even better Irving take the court this year. This team needs Tristan Thompson to step up his game if they hope to contend for a playoff spot. I think you'll see the Cavs take a step forever this year and win 30ish games. They won't be anywhere near the playoffs but I think this will be a good step forward season for them.

Detroit Pistons:

I like the drafting of Drummond and... wow this team is pretty bad. I think you'll see them win in the 25-30 game range. They just have a ton of issues that weren't addressed in the offseason. This team is going to struggle until they get out of that horrible Charlie Villanueva contract and can actually bid on some free agents again.

Indiana Pacers:

I think this is a good season for the Pacers to win the Central and go into the playoffs at a higher seed. I don't necessarily think they'll accomplish that. I think they'll end up being the 4 or the 5 seed in the playoffs. I think they'll trail the Bulls in the Central for most of the season. I think the big problem with the Pacers will be who's going to shoot at the end of games. They seem to lack that guy that can get them those hard points at the end of the game. I think that's going to haunt them as the season progresses.

Milwaukee Bucks:

I like the Jennings/Ellis back court quite a bit. Actually, I like their starting 5 quite a bit. I think their starters give them enough talent to make the playoffs as a lower seed. The bench is going to hurt them all season long but I could see them winning 38-44 games and being the sacrificial lamb for the Heat or one of the high seeds. That's not a bad thing though, I think making the playoffs would be a huge success for this squad.

No comments:

Post a Comment