Saturday, May 26, 2012

Inspiration

The basement has been that project that I've just never got around too. The plan has always been for that to become a secondary entertainment room. A place where I can go and watch wrestling, anime, etc. and not subject Kelly to something she might not be as interested in. And, sometimes you need to head off and do your own thing when you're married.

So there has been a few phases to this. I was doing a nautical theme for awhile but I hadn't really added a ton to it past some pictures. Then today I had a sudden inspiration and the basement has started to take off.

My dad bought my a tin Batman sign and I decided to hang it up in the basement this afternoon. I put it up and it suddenly brought the room to life for me. I knew exactly what I wanted to do with the room. Kelly and I went to Half Price books and I added a Captain America and Incredible Hulk sign to the mix. No Iron Man, which I'm disappointed in. We checked some other places but I didn't find the Iron Man one I wanted. I did come across one for Spider-Man and one for the Silver Surfer. I plan to add those eventually but they can wait.

The tin signs are really cool. They are retro and feature the character as they appeared in the late 60s/early 70s. The signs even look a little beat up and aged to add to the effect. They're pretty cool to look out and I'll be able to eventually have Cap, Iron Man, Thor and the Hulk to represent the Avengers. I'll add other heroes as I can find them but that was my inspiration at the moment.

I moved the furniture around a bit to prepare for when I have a tv down there. We're getting an old one tomorrow and hopefully it will be a good start. I'm looking forward to getting back into watching Smoky Mountain Wrestling when we get a tv and dvd player set up down there.

I'll post pictures when I get more completed on my room.

1 comment:

  1. I saw the Avengers last Wednesday with my brother Marcus. We both liked how they showed the human side to the superheroes. Good movie.

    ReplyDelete