Friday, May 25, 2012

Q&A Time

If you had the chance to redo high school, knowing what you know now, how would you redo it?

This was a question that my friend Dan answered on his Xanga page a couple of weeks ago and it's kind of been churning around in my brain off and on since. I figured, why not make a blog post out of it.

To me, that's a hard question to answer truthfully. I don't really dwell on my high school years very much these days as I'm too busy just living. But my memories tend to be mostly fond. I was fairly popular as high school progressed and I got decent grades. I don't feel like those years were extremely wasted in hindsight. I mean, we all honestly waste our youth, it's just part of the ignorance of being young. You'll always shoulda woulda coulda yourself about your younger years.

I guess if I had to go back and pull out regrets. I regret getting burned out on drawing in Art class. I feel I had some skills that could have been shaped into something and I really let that slip away. I get the itch from time to time and I just don't have the same proficiency with a pencil like I did when I was a teenager. I wish I could go back and convince myself to continue.

Past that, the bad things that happened all made me who I am today. Girls not liking me or giving me a chance made my wife that much more special to me. I didn't do anything super stupid that I had to live with forever. And I cemented friendships with people like Justin, Adam, Natalie, Dan, Dave, Graydon, Abby and Woody that still preserve today.

1 comment:

  1. You have to watch out. Superman is over there. Then he is over here. Then there. Superman is everywhere! Ah Art Class.

    ReplyDelete