Sunday, May 13, 2012

5/15 is on the way...

Which means Diablo III awesomeness is only essentially a day away. I downloaded the client last week so all I have to do is hit install when the game goes live on Tuesday and the long awaited Diablo III will be mine. Cue evil laugh there.

In the meantime, Kelly and I bought Kingdoms of Amalur. I've enjoyed it a lot in the 5 hours I'ved played so far. It's kind of what I wanted Fable III to be when it came out. It controls like Fable and has the greatest complexities of Dragon Age tacked on. So far the world seems well developed and there are a lot of side quests to pick up. The class system is a lot different. You have skill trees in might, sorcery and finesse. You add points to these as you level, you can mix and match however you want. Based on how many points you invest in those skills will effect which classes you can be as the game progresses. I'm a little worried about sub-optimal builds but other people have said they haven't had issues. So we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Both of my little brothers played Fable II. How was Fable III compared to II?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not as good. Magic was too strong and made melee and ranged fighting kind of pointless. The game actively punished you for trying to be good. It hyped itself as doing away with menus but what they did instead was actually more cumbersome than a menu system. I played it for a few hours and gave up on it honestly. I just wasn't enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete