Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years Resolutions

I don't really make New Years Resolutions as a rule. I tend to think that if you want to change your life, you should just get off your ass and do it. But I do also think the start of a new year is a good time to reflect a little and to set some goals or focus back in on goals. So here's my list, these aren't really Earth shattering or anything:

Read more old comics than in 2013.

This was a goal I made for myself in 2013. I did okayish. My guess is that I read somewhere between 100-200 issues of old comics in 2013. That's better than 2012 by a lot so that's a success. So if I'm sitting here at the end of the year and I've read more than 200 issues, I think I can safely call my reading a success. I'm currently focusing heavily on Post-Crisis Era DC, late 80s, and the books I've been reading are the Superman titles, Justice League, Suicide Squad and the Flash. I'm going to progress with that for quite awhile I think.

Read more books.

I was absolutely pathetic in 2013 when it came to the books I polished off. If I got through 5, it would be a miracle. My wife is aiming for 2 a month this year but she's also a faster reader than I am. I've been taking my Kindle to work and reading during my lunch breaks. I've really enjoyed that as I think it's better for my brain than staring at my phone for the entire 45 minutes. I'm winding down Witches Aboard by Terry Pratchett and I don't have an official to read list for the year. Thanks to the Kindle deals and cheap books, I have more than I could ever hope to read.

Work out more.

I slacked off a lot in 2013. I kept the weight off, put some on during the holidays, but I also didn't lose any. I want to get back into a solid workout routine and try to slid into the 240s weight wise.

Get into Yoga.

I listen to a medical podcast called Weird Medicine. One of the regulars on the show is a doctor of traditional Chinese medicine. Yoga comes up from time to time and they've said numerous times that even a few times a week will make a great difference in your back. It's been on my list for awhile now but I think my wife's goal to stretch every morning will sync up well with this.

Well, those are my main ones as of this moment. Hope you all had a good New Years!

2 comments:

  1. I did pretty well with the workout this past year, but also had a setback during the holidays. Oh well. Good luck with the reading. I may recommend a book or two during the year through goodreads, so be forewarned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the holidays are a setback for everyone.

    I'm on my second book of the year so I'm off to a good start as far as reading goes.

    ReplyDelete