Saturday, January 18, 2014

Hockey...

Monday was my birthday and my wife scored us tickets to the Blue Jackets. This was our third game of the season. It was a really good game as they were down 2-1 going into the 3rd period and scored the go ahead goal with about 3 minutes left and came away with the 3-2 victory. It was a really great game. This is going to be the last season before I invest in quarter season passes for the team. My wife Kelly and I have really enjoyed the games we've gone to this year and we honestly need something to get us out of the house in the winter months.

Anyways, this season has seen me renew one of my long term goals. Seeing every NHL team live at Nationwide Arena. When the team showed up in 2000 that was my big goal. I haven't gotten there yet because I didn't go to any games for a long time. But with my renewed interest I figured out who I've seen them play. Here's the list:

Detroit Red Wings
Chicago Blackhawks
St. Louis Blues
Nashville Predators
Vancouver Canucks
Minnesota Wild
Atlanta Thrashers - now the Winnepeg Jets
Anaheim Ducks - Mighty Ducks at the time.
Phoenix Coyotes
Boston Bruins
New Jersey Devils
New York Rangers
New York Islanders
Carolina Hurricanes
Florida Panthers
Tampa Bay Lightning - checked this one off on Monday!

That leaves 13 NHL teams for me to see live. I'll be catching the Ottawa Senators later this month which will knock my list down to 12 teams. That's not a bad run of teams. The hard team to see in Columbus would be the Pittsburgh Penguins. They seemed to have a large fanbase here before the Jackets came to town and that game is always really hard to get tickets for. So that will be a must have if I do go for season tickets next season.

I wanted to end this post with showing my TTM successes from the Blue Jackets thus far this season. Ii'm hoping that a few more come back as the season progresses.

Cam Atkinson

Brandon Dubinsky

Matt Calvert

Sergei Bobrovsky

Sean Collins

Artem Anisimov

RJ Umberger

Mark Letestu

1 comment:

  1. When my family and I went to the Pens game, our 4 seats were split into two sections. We were up in the 200s, but 2 seats were in like 202 and 2 seats were in 201. So my brother and sister in law sat in two seats and my Mom and I sat in the other two. My brother and sister in law were dressed in their Penguins gear so they didn't have a problem, but My Mom and I were right in the middle of a bunch of Pens fans. This wasn't a problem for me, but it was for my Mom who couldn't care less about the Pens, but loved the Blue Jackets. So even though I was internally thrilled to see the Pens score and all, I didn't cheer just so my Mom wouldn't be by herself. When the Jackets scored and she clapped, so did I. There weren't any problems, but I was prepared in case any of the beer-filled pens fans around us gave us a hard time for being Jackets fans. I've followed the Pens for so long that, considering they're drinking, I would have known more about the Penguins and their history than them. Ha!

    Anyways, if you go have fun but feel free to shoot me a text for any Pens history if you get any crap.

    ReplyDelete