Sunday, September 9, 2012

Another one of those "adulthood" posts.

September hit and that brings on the usual stresses as an adult:

"I better start buying Trick or Treat candy."
"Crap, I haven't saved a dime for Christmas this year."
"It's going to be getting dark really early soon."

and so on and so fourth.

It kind of amazes me how condensed the rest of the year becomes once Labor Day passes. You start gearing up for leaves and Halloween and then Christmas and New Year's are here before you know it. It's a very different pace than when you were in school and college.

September and October were back to school season. You had to readjust to a lifestyle with responsibility so those months could just drag on for a really long time. September always felt like a month that lasted forever and October was pretty long too. The same with December really, you were always eager for Christmas to get here so it took forever. Now, Thanksgiving ends and Christmas gets here so fast you almost wish you had another week to prepare.

I think for me, it's mostly about routine. I get up, go to work 5 days a week and then try to enjoy my weekends as much as possible. You fall into that lifestyle and suddenly the weeks, months and even years fly past you. You kind of just get lost in the day to day flow of things and suddenly, you're some distant point in the future and don't know how you arrive there.

I'm not sure why I was thinking about it this weekend. I brought it up to Kelly a few days ago as some side conversation on our commute home. Anyways, I really do need to start buying Trick or Treat candy. Better add that to the list...

No comments:

Post a Comment